Saanich Peninsula Restorative Justice (SPRJ) is an organization operating under the umbrella of Beacon Community Services since 1999 to provide a restorative process as an alternative to the court system when dealing with harm done to one person by another.
As members we believe that a restorative process provides a better outcome for the person affected (victim), the person responsible (offender), and the community.
Fast facts about SPRJ:
- We service the communities of Sidney, North Saanich and Central Saanich with support from local and provincial governments
- We are all volunteers from the local community
- We work closely with the local police, RCMP, schools and other community organizations
- Extensive training is provided for Conference Facilitators
- Members must sign an oath of confidentiality and undergo a criminal record check
- General meetings are held three times a year and all interested community members are welcome